Humboldt County Mental Health Resources

Humboldt County is a rural area and mental health resources are limited, particularly when specialized or more intensive care is needed (such as in the case of eating disorders or significant substance use disorders).  Our county does not have a local Kaiser facility, which is a hardship for those with Kaiser insurance.  To see a listing of local providers and insurance plans that are routinely accepted here in Humboldt, please go to the NCAMHP website.  Know that there are times that the specific mental health services required for an individual are simply not available in our local community. At such times, a student may be best served by taking a break from school and seeking such services elsewhere.  CAPS will always do our best to help with referrals whether local or outside the area.   If you do not have health insurance and could use some help establishing this, please contact Ravin Craig and the Oh Sure program at 826-5228.

Emergency Numbers

Humboldt Public Safety
(707) 826-5555

CAPS, including after-hours phone support
(707) 826-3236

Humboldt County Mental Health
(707) 268-2900

24-Hour County Crisis Line
(707) 445-7715